No matter how much you camp, one of the most stressful aspects of planning camping trips is figuring out what you are going to eat. Preparing and eating food is one of our favorite parts of camping. But sometimes the choices can get a bit limited.
Everyone loves a burger on the grill, but it is also fun to mix it up a bit. So we have made a point of gathering some of our favorite camping meals for you. We have compiled over 100 Easy Camping Meals that you can try out on your next camping trip to the great outdoors!
They do include some of the classics, but also a ton of new camping food that you may want to try. There is something here for everyone, from kids to grandparents, from vegans to carnivores. We sorted them by meals, so breakfast, lunch or dinner- you are covered!
Breakfast Camping Meals To Start Your Day The Right Way
15. Egg Bake Breakfast Foil Packet – From Julie’s Eats and Treats. Foil packet- easy grilling, easy clean-up!
20. Campfire Fried Eggs With Potatoes and Bacon Hash – From Martha Stewart. We like to add some sweet corn as well. Good food for your next trip!
29. Lumberjack Breakfast In Foil Packet – From Echoes Of Laughter. Aluminum foil packets are easy peasy!
30. Camping Breakfast Burritos – From Taste and Tell. A classic recipe with SO many possible variations.
32. Omelet In A Bag – From Homemade Ginger. Pre-prep an omelet for each person and carry in a plastic ziplock bag. Then just pour and cook.
33. Breakfast Burritos – From A Camp Gal. Make scrambled eggs and then add just about anything you want. We love black beans, chopped peppers, hash browns, ground beef, sour cream- really any of your favorite toppings. Then wrap in a tortilla with a bit of hot sauce!
Lunch Recipes You'll Have Fun Making!
37. Hot Dogs With Quick Cast Iron Beans – From Country Living. Classic recipe with hot dogs and home made baked beans!
This recipe from our friends at Sweet and Savory Meals is SO GOOD, we aren’t even going to charge you!
Homemade Corned Beef Sandwiches -Sweet And Savory Meals
40. Camping Hot Dogs – From Frugal Coupon Living. An interesting take on the old idea of a hot dog in a hot dog bun. These can be eaten right out of the camp fire.
44. Camping Quesadilla – From Cup Cake Diaries. We love to make these with our left over grilled chicken breasts.
46. BBQ Hot Dog And Potato Packs – From A Taste Of Home A simple camping lunch you can prepare ahead and just heat up.
47. Campfire Pizza Cones – From The Joys Of Boys. A cool new campfire take on pizza- easy to make and eaten straight from the foil. A great meal and fun for all!
48. Cheesy Garlic Fries In Foil – From Damn Delicious. Yummy for kids and adults alike! Try substituting sweet potatoes. WOW!
50. Campfire Bean ‘N’ Ham Soup – From A Taste Of Home. Make it at home and then heat up over the camp stove!
Delicious Dinner Recipes For Your Next Camping Trip
Try these delicious recipes on your next trip. See how much you can pre-prep and do some quick cooking at camp. Spend more time with family and friends.
These recipes are pretty simple so you will find it easy to substitute for vegetarian friendly choices, keto, vegan, or any other type of diet.
55. Campfire Nachos – From Pip And Ebby. Easy prep and loads of fun around the fire.
57. Cheesy Potato and Sausage Foil Packets – From Who Needs A Cape. Easy meal to prepare early and then heat up on the spot.
Campfire Desserts Your Kids Will Love
Sitting around an open fire with your camping crew after a day of hiking and a hearty dinner, your thoughts will eventually turn to dessert. Roasting marshmallows for smores is of course a camping tradition, but there are so many more easy dessert ideas that you can try.
Camping Food Is The Best Food
If you love these camping recipes, you might want to check out some of our other recipes: