No matter how much you camp, one of the most stressful aspects of planning camping trips is figuring out what you are going to eat. Preparing and eating food is one of our favorite parts of camping. But sometimes the choices can get a bit limited.
Everyone loves a burger on the grill, but it is also fun to mix it up a bit. So we have made a point of gathering some of our favorite camping meals for you. We have compiled over 100 Easy Camping Meals that you can try out on your next camping trip to the great outdoors!
They do include some of the classics, but also a ton of new camping food that you may want to try. There is something here for everyone, from kids to grandparents, from vegans to carnivores. We sorted them by meals, so breakfast, lunch or dinner- you are covered!
We even included some yummy desserts that the whole family will love. Also, download our FREE Printable Menu Planner and Shopping List below to help make sure you have everything you need.
Breakfast Camping Meals To Start Your Day The Right Way
1. BBQ Breakfast Scrambler – From My Organized Chaos
2. Breakfast Burrito Campfire Style – From Taste and Tell. YUM- campfire cooking at it’s best!
3. Campfire Donuts – From Must Have Mom
4. Campfire French Toast – From This Lil Piglet. Just a single piece will put you in heaven!
5. Apple Sweet Potato Hash – From Fresh Off The Grid
6. Campers Breakfast Hash – From A Taste of Home
7. Campfire Toasted Cinnamon Rolls – From Dabbles and Babbles
8. Farmers Breakfast – From Food.com
9. Campfire Bacon – From Zestous
10. Apricot Ginger Oatmeal – From Fresh Off The Grid. Try substituting your favorite berries.
11. Sausage and Hashbrown Breakfast Pizza – From A Taste of Home
12. Carrot Cake Oatmeal – From Camping With Goodies
13. Orange Blueberry Muffins – From Apron Strings
14. Dutch Oven Banana Bread – From Fresh Off The Grid
15. Egg Bake Breakfast Foil Packet – From Julie’s Eats and Treats. Foil packet- easy grilling, easy clean-up!
16. Hot Ham and Pineapple Sandwiches – From Dessert Now Dinner Later
17. Campfire Raspberry Pancakes in a Dutch Oven – From My Recipes
18. Campfire Eclairs – From The Many Little Joys
19. Campfire Skillet Oreo Cinnamon Buns – From The Kitchen Magpie
20. Campfire Fried Eggs With Potatoes and Bacon Hash – From Martha Stewart. We like to add some sweet corn as well. Good food for your next trip!
21. Campfire Breakfast Burger – From The Jelly Toast Blog
22. Campfire Orange Cinnamon Rolls – From Oleander and Palm
23. Campfire Cinnamon Blueberry Bread – From Taste and Tell
24. Campfire S’mores Granola – From The Big Mans World
25. Campfire Breakfast Casserole – From Saving Dessert
26. Campfire Cinnamon Rollups – From Almost Super Mom
27. Campfire Beer Pancakes – From Chow Hound. Just add a little maple syrup-MMMmmmm!
28. Healthy Instant Oatmeal – From The First Mess. Always a hearty meal!
29. Lumberjack Breakfast In Foil Packet – From Echoes Of Laughter. Aluminum foil packets are easy peasy!
30. Camping Breakfast Burritos – From Taste and Tell. A classic recipe with SO many possible variations.
31. Paper Bag Eggs – From Real Family Camping
32. Omelet In A Bag – From Homemade Ginger. Pre-prep an omelet for each person and carry in a plastic ziplock bag. Then just pour and cook.
33. Breakfast Burritos – From A Camp Gal. Make scrambled eggs and then add just about anything you want. We love black beans, chopped peppers, hash browns, ground beef, sour cream- really any of your favorite toppings. Then wrap in a tortilla with a bit of hot sauce!
Lunch Recipes You’ll Have Fun Making!
34. Taco Salad In A Bag – From My Litter
35. Cashew Chicken Salad Wrap – From Fresh Off The Grid
36. Hot Ham And Cheese Croissants – From Life With The Crust Off
37. Hot Dogs With Quick Cast Iron Beans – From Country Living. Classic recipe with hot dogs and home made baked beans!
38. Grilled Ham And Cheese Sandwich Loaf – From 50 Campfires
39. Chicken and Black Bean Nachos – From Country Living
This recipe from our friends at Sweet and Savory Meals is SO GOOD, we aren’t even going to charge you!
Homemade Corned Beef Sandwiches -Sweet And Savory Meals
40. Camping Hot Dogs – From Frugal Coupon Living. An interesting take on the old idea of a hot dog in a hot dog bun. These can be eaten right out of the camp fire.
41. Shrimp Scampi Foil Packets – From Damn Delicious
42. Campfire Pizza Nachos – From Cooking With Janica
43. Foil Pack French Dip Sandwiches – From Chelsea’s Messy Apron
44. Camping Quesadilla – From Cup Cake Diaries. We love to make these with our left over grilled chicken breasts.
45. Campfire Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich – From Twin Dragonfly Designs. This recipe uses caramelized onions and provolone, but you could make it with ham and cheddar cheese, American cheese, whatever you would like. I love a touch of dijon mustard myself!
47. Campfire Pizza Cones – From The Joys Of Boys. A cool new campfire take on pizza- easy to make and eaten straight from the foil. A great meal and fun for all!
48. Cheesy Garlic Fries In Foil – From Damn Delicious. Yummy for kids and adults alike! Try substituting sweet potatoes. WOW!
49. Campfire Pizza Pockets – From Our Thrifty Ideas
50. Campfire Bean ‘N’ Ham Soup – From A Taste Of Home. Make it at home and then heat up over the camp stove!
51. BBQ Pork Walking Taco – From the Gunny Sack
52. Bacon Ranch Grilled Potatoes – From Gather For Bread. Pair it up with some grilled corn.
53. Cheesy Potato Bundles – From Let’s Lasso To The Moon
54. Fiery Campfire Veggies – From Bless Her Heart Y’all
Delicious Dinner Recipes For Your Next Camping Trip
Try these delicious recipes on your next trip. See how much you can pre-prep and do some quick cooking at camp. Spend more time with family and friends.
These recipes are pretty simple so you will find it easy to substitute for vegetarian friendly choices, keto, vegan, or any other type of diet.
55. Campfire Nachos – From Pip And Ebby. Easy prep and loads of fun around the fire.
56. Chili Campfire Bake – From Six Sister’s Stuff
57. Cheesy Potato and Sausage Foil Packets – From Who Needs A Cape. Easy meal to prepare early and then heat up on the spot.
58. Garlic Sausage and Asparagus – From Kleinworth & Co
59. Southwestern Chicken Packets – From Dessert Now Dinner Later
60. Foil Wrapped Salmon With Herbs And Lemon – From Roadtrippers
61. Camping French Bread Pizza – From A Thrifty Mom
62. Three Ingredient Bean And Cheese Campfire Dip – From Kid Friendly Things To Do
63. Dutch Oven Beef Stew – Brave Ski Mom
64. Sausage Pierogie Campfire Foil Packets – From Mid Life Healthy Living
65. BBQ Chicken Foil Packs – From Life In The Lofthouse
66. Campfire Pizza Roll Recipe – From Family Cookbook Project
67. Camping Mac n Cheese – From Lauren’s Latest
68. Hobo Dinners – From Britney’s Pantry
69. Chicken Fajita Foil Packets – From The Recipe Rebel
70. Camping Haystacks – From A Taste Of Home
71. Loaded Baked Potato Soup – From The Typical Mom
72. Grilled Pasta Packets – From Tasty Kitchen
73. Dutch Oven Chicken Marbella – From Fresh Off The Grid
74. Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets – From Favorite Family Recipes
75. Honey Garlic Chicken Foil Packets – From The Recipe Rebel
76. Campfire Paella – From Zestuous
77. BBQ Chicken Potato Foil Packet – Life With 4 Boys
78. Cabbage And Sausage Foil Packets – From Spend With Pennies
79. Hobo Hamburgers – From Paula Deen
80. Grilled Meat ‘N’ Potatoes Foil Packets – From The Thrifty Diva
81. Dutch Oven Pizza – From What’s Cooking America
82. Campfire Bundles – From A Taste Of Home
83. Campfire Tex Mex White Bean Chicken Foil Packets – From The Kitchen Magpie
84. Campfire Chicken Stew – From A Taste Of Home
85. Grilled BBQ Chicken and Vegetables in Foil – From Diethood
Campfire Desserts Your Kids Will Love
Sitting around an open fire with your camping crew after a day of hiking and a hearty dinner, your thoughts will eventually turn to dessert. Roasting marshmallows for smores is of course a camping tradition, but there are so many more easy dessert ideas that you can try.
86. Campfire Apple Pie Packets – From Love From The Oven
87. Campfire Monkey Bread – From Say Not Sweet Anne
88. Campfire Banana Boats – From Fresh Off The Grid
89. Campfire Cinnamon Roll Waffles – From Dirty Gourmet
90. Pound Cake And Berry Campfire Skillet Dessert – From A Taste And Tell
91. Campfire Pineapple Upside Down Cake – From Family Spice
92. Campfire Pies – From Andrea’s Recipes
93. Apple Pie French Toast Rolls – From The Kitchen Magpie
94. 3 Ingredient Blackberry Campfire Cobbler – From Mid Life Healthy Living
95. Dutch Oven Cinnamon Nut Pull-Aparts – From Tried And Tasty
96. Less Mess S’Mores – From Pizzazzerie
97. Dutch Oven S’Mores Cake – From The Polka Dot Chair
98. Baileys Dipped Toasted Marshmallows – From Babbles And Dabbles
99. Dutch Oven 7 Layer Brownies – From Pulling Curls
100.Campfire Cones – From The Girl Who Ate Everything
Camping Food Is The Best Food
If you love these camping recipes, you might want to check out some of our other recipes:
- Tired of cooking on your camping trip and need a break – check out these non-cook camping meals
- If you enjoy letting your crock pot do most of the cooking, you will love these slow cooker recipes.
- Do you like to indulge while RV camping, these delicious dutch oven campfire desserts might be just what you are looking for.
- Thinking about cooking outdoors? These cast iron skillet recipes are perfect for your next camping trip.
We hope you enjoy our 100+ camping meals and get to try some out on your next camping trip. If you do, please stop back and let us know what you think.