We love camping because it gives us time to relax with family and friends. Of course one of the best parts of camping is the food, but feeding large groups of people can be difficult! As much fun as camp cooking is, we simply don’t want to spend ALL of our time doing it. So easy camping meals for large groups are really necessary.
The best camping meals for large groups are meals that serve a lot, but are also simple to make, or are an event in themselves so that everyone can be involved. With a little prep work beforehand, you can make things pretty easy on yourselves and have a great time at meal time. Many of these recipes can be prepared prior to travel so that prep at the campsite is simple.
Meal Planning for Group Camping
As with any meals, it is all in the planning. Setting up your meals ahead of time allows you to also plan for the ingredients you will need so that you can shop efficiently. Just sign up below and get our FREE Camping Menu Planner and Shopping List to help you along. Then look through the recipes below to find the ones that your gang will love!
Get Your FREE Printable Here!
Just input your email and the Camping Grocery List Template PLUS Menu Planner will be delivered straight to your inbox!
Breakfast Camping Meals For Groups
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, especially if the day involves hiking, fishing, geocaching, or any of a number of strenuous activities. So get your crowd going the right way with these easy to make breakfast recipes for large groups.
- Banana Oat Pancakes from Taste Of Home
- Cinnamon Blueberry Loaf from Taste and Tell
- Dutch Oven Breakfast Casserole from Save Room for Dessert
- Campfire Burritos from Taste and Tell
- Cinnamon Roll Ups from Almost Super Mom
- Campfire Bacon Skewers from Zestuous
- Campfire French Toast from This Lil Piglet
- Breakfast Tacquitos from Tastes Better From Scratch
- Make Ahead Omelettes in a Bag from Beyer Beware
- Eggs Benedict Casserole from Spicy Southern Kitchen
- Make Ahead Veggie Breakfast Casserole from Little Spice Jar
- Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole from Iowa Girl Eats
- Biscuits and Gravy, Sausage, Eggs Casserole from Jamie Sanders
Camping Lunches for Crowds
After a morning of wilderness fun, there is nothing like coming back to the campsite for a hearty lunch. These easy camping meals for large groups will help you get everyone fed, with a minimum of effort. Many can be pre-made as a grab-n-go, or laid out for a “do it yourself.” Makes life easier.
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches from The Roving Foleys
- Cobb Salad Subs from Taste of Home
- Campfire Quesadillas from Dirty Gourmet
- Meat Lovers Bread Salad from Taste of Home
- Curly Dogs from Rhodes Bake N Serve
- Camping Haystacks from Taste of Home
- Campfire Rubens from AllRecipes
- Salads to Go from The Chic Site
- Chilaquiles Bake from Brit &Co
- Foil Packet Nachos from The Cookie Rookie
- Walking Tacos from Skip to my Lou
Easy Dinner Recipes for Large Groups
After a long day of wilderness fun, your group will be ravenous. The best dinner recipes will not only please your campers, but will also be easy to prepare. As you look through our list, think about what can be prepared beforehand, so that you will have more time in activities or chilling. Here are some of the best campsite recipes to feed a hungry crowd.
- One Skillet Stroganoff from Fresh Off The Grid
- Mediterranean Salmon Foil Packets from The Seasoned Mom
- Cast Iron Pizza from Brit.co
- Camping Maple Sriracha Chicken Kabobs from Adventurebite
- Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata from Brit.co
- Cast Iron Mac and Cheese with Kielbasa from Adventurebite
- One Pot Protein Pasta from Fresh Off The Grid
- Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Pot Pie from Just Plum Crazy
- Camping Quesadillas from Cupcakes and Diaries
- Paella Style Chicken and Rice from SunSet
- Make Ahead Cowboy Caviar from Culinary Hill
- Sweet Potato Peanut Stew from Fresh Off The Grid
- Grilled Nachos from Simply Recipes
- Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs from Cooking Classy
- Dutch Oven Chicken Marbella from Fresh Off The Grid
- Campfire Chicken Stew by Campfire Kitchen
- Shrimp Foil Boil Packets from Damn Delicious
- BBQ Salmon from SunSet
Easy Desserts for Large Groups
After a hearty meal you can’t skip a yummy dessert. The best group desserts tend to be either make it yourself over the fire, or large dutch oven recipes. Check out these favorites, gathered from all over the web. Your crowd will love you for it.
- Dutch Oven Cobbler from The Roving Foleys
- S’mores of Every Kind from The Roving Foleys
- Walnut Chocolate Burritos from Yummly
- Campfire Tarts from Cooking Classy
- Mess Free Campfire Cones from Dirtbag Darling
- Skillet Cooked Mixed Berry Grunt from Martha Stewart
- Caramel Peaches with Pecans from Simple Bites
- Peach Mallows from Mother Nature Network
- Marshmallow and Strawberry Skewers from BBC Good Food
- Easy Campfire Pies from Andrea Meyers
- Honey Rum Grilled Bananas from Complete Recipes
- Cake, Berry and Chocolate Skillet from Ricardo Cuisine
Here Are Some Other Camping Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- If you enjoy letting your crock pot do most of the cooking, you will love these slow cooker recipes.
- Why don’t you take a break from cooking altogether on your next camping trip with these no-cook camping meal ideas.
- Do you like to indulge while RV camping, these delicious dutch oven campfire desserts might be just what you are looking for.
- Thinking about cooking outdoors? These cast iron skillet recipes are perfect for your next camping trip.