Why We Love Pulled Pork
Pulled pork sandwiches is one of our favorite meals to have on hand. We cook a whole shoulder or loin roast and have enough pork for several meals (moms love this part). There are so many reasons why we love this meat:
- Pork is very inexpensive: We find great pork roasts or shoulders almost always for less than $2 per pound. The cheapest cut you can find is just fine.
- Pork is versatile: There are so many uses for the shredded meat, from sandwiches to salads, or by itself as a main dish.
- It goes a long way: One good sized pork roast will make enough pulled pork for a family of 4 to have several meals.
- This is one of the meals our picky daughter will actually eat!
Get These FREE!
AND START TO:
This is also a fun recipe to make with the kiddos. Ours love to add the ingredients and then to help pull the pork when it is time. Of course they also LOVE to eat, eat, eat the delicious meat!
2 lb Pork Shoulder, roast, loin.
1 packet Onion Soup Mix
1/2 Cup of Water
- Remove the pork from the packet and put it in the slow cooker, put slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours (depending on your slow cooker)
- Shake the onion soup mix all over the pork
- Pour water gently over pork and put on the lid
How To Make Pulled Pork:
1. Remove the pork from the slow cooker and let it cool down
2. Pull it apart using meat claws and going with the grain? Pork should fall apart easily.
3. Once you have it all pulled apart, throw it in a microwave safe bowl, add some yummy bar-b-que sauce, heat it up and it is ready to be served.
Serve it up:
8 Kaiser rolls
1 8 oz can Baked Beans
1 Red Onion Chopped
1 Carton of Coleslaw
Items We Recommend for This Recipe:
As I mentioned earlier this meat is versatile. There are SO MANY different ways you can prepare and use shredded pork. Here are just a few of the best we have found:
Pulled Pork Sliders with Garlic Aioli from Jessica over at Stuck on Sweet
Dr Pepper Pulled Pork from Holly over at Spend With Pennies
Sweet Carolina Pulled Pork Sliders from Alyssa over at The Recipe Critic
Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Rainbow Slaw from Sara from Dinner at the Zoo
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches with a Bit of Heat from Maria at Two Peas and their Pod
Sweet Pulled Pork Sandwich from Chelsea over at Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Once you are done eating, top it all of with some wonderful campground smores. Pulled pork continues to be one of our family’s favorite go to foods. It is quick, easy and a hit on any camping trip.
Check out some other easy scrumptious RV and camping meals that will work for you and your family.