Beef Baby Back Ribs Recipe Slow Cooker
One of my favorite camping meals is ribs, it’s easy to cook and I know everyone loves ribs so there won’t be leftovers! Normally I marinate the ribs overnight and then throw them in the slow cooker with some beefy onion soup seasoning and let them cook all day long. this time we tried a different recipe.
No leftovers, everyone loved it so I thought I’d share! You can also make this recipe ahead of a camping trip and heat everything up at the campground!
Get more tips on meal prep tips that will give you more time with your family and less time cooking!
Ingredients - Beef Baby Back Ribs Slow Cooker
3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
3 lbs. beef back ribs
½ t. garlic powder
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 large shallot, chopped
½ c. beef broth
¾ c. strained tomatoes
¼ t. chipotle powder
1 t. dried oregano
1½ T. real maple syrup
2 T. fresh parsley, finely chopped
Instructions For Beef Back Ribs Slow Cooker
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and season the ribs with the garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Add half of the seasoned ribs to the hot skillet. Brown the ribs, approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Once browned, transfer ribs from the skillet to a platter. Repeat process with the remaining ribs and an additional tablespoon of olive oil. Transfer the second batch of ribs to the platter once browned.
- Pour remaining oil into the skillet and add the shallot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallot softens and develops some color, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Deglaze the skillet by pouring in the beef broth and gently scraping the bottom of the skillet with a spatula to incorporate the flavorful brown bits into the liquid.
- Add the strained tomatoes, chipotle powder, dried oregano, and maple syrup to the skillet. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce is heated through.
- Transfer the browned ribs to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker crock and top with the tomato sauce mixture. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- When cook time is complete, remove lid and serve immediately with mashed potatoes or your choice of sides. Serve it up with mashed potatoes and baked beans and you have one of the best meals you’ll ever have. Enjoy!